We provide the following at Panah:
- Safe shelter and free boarding and lodging to women and their dependent children
- Strict security is provided. Alarm system, C.C. TV cameras, tracking system n vehicles, police escort for special cases. Police and Security personnel provide 24 hour security at the residence
- Free voluntary legal aid is provided by a panel of retired judges and lawyers in matters of reconciliation, khula (divorce), custody of children, maintenance, recovery of dowry articles, writ/habeas corpus petitions and fabricated criminal cases.
- Free services of Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychologist and Social Workers
- Free Medical Aid which includes complete medical, surgical, hospitalization and at times plastic surgery of burnt or disfigured victims
- Informal education to women and children and vocational training including courses in -sewing, arts and crafts, and beautician training
- Indoor and outdoor games including art therapy and recreational yoga
- Assistance in rehabilitation and resettlement
- Promotion of cooperation among various agencies to ensure seamless web of services for victims
- Assessment of viability of reintegrating victims and addressing special needs during the re-integration process, including mediation with families of victims.
Admission Criteria: For admission to women victims /survivors of violence, Panah maintains an open door policy i.e. they can approach Panah personally, through police, through court orders or referrals etc.
Service Staff and Specialists:
The team at Panah includes:
- A manager, secretary, lawyer, psychologist, housekeepers, police guards, security personnel, drivers and other support staff
- A voluntary committee composed of members from the public oversees the work of the staff
- A panel of lawyers and doctors who provide their services free of cost
- Instructors in yoga, sewing, cooking and art and craft work come in routinely
The Complex and Facilities :
The current facility is 4,000 sq yds. or 36,000 sq ft. and includes:
- 11 bed rooms with 64 beds and 4 cribs for infants
- Dining room with a seating of 24 persons
- 2 kitchens
- 14 bathrooms
- Activity rooms for adult and child education
- Activities including yoga, art, craft, sewing, beautician,and other vocational activities
- Prayer Room
- TV and Recreational Room
- Fully equipped medical room
- 1000 sq. yds. or 9050 sq. ft. of outdoor recreational area that has been professionally landscaped.
- Outdoor swings and play area for children.
- Outdoor games facility like badminton,cricket and basket ball
- Office space and conference room
- Meeting and waiting rooms for families of residents
- 2 Guard rooms